[Pljava-dev] Messages not posting to gmane.comp.db.postgresql.pljava

From: jurka at ejurka(dot)com (Kris Jurka)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Messages not posting to gmane.comp.db.postgresql.pljava
Date: 2008-05-08 04:53:05
Lists: pljava-dev

Javier Sotelo wrote:

> I'v tried to post to gmane.comp.db.postgresql.pljava but nothing has
> gone through. I also noticed the newest post was May 5th. My first
> post was May 6th. I'm wondering if everything is ok. Also your pljava
> wiki home is down, which I'm sure you know by now.

I've emailed Thomas about the wiki (he's the maintainer of that and the
only one who can get that running).

I'm not sure what happened to the post from gmane. I didn't see any
messages come in for moderator approval. Looking at the mail setup I
noticed our own archives aren't working and I've hopefully fixed that.
We'll see if this message gets through.

> Here's the message I tried to add to the "Problem PL/Java
> installation" thread, hopefully I can get a response:
>
> I believe I have the same problem Hauke had except for I have the 64
> bit version of SuSe 10.2, java 1.6, and postgres 8.1.11. Is there any
> way to provide a 64-bit version of pljava without the asserts?

I hope to put out a release some time later this month to fix the recent
threading problem and hopefully the savepoint issue as well. Because of
that I'm not excited about rebuilding all of the existing pljava
releases. The easiest thing to do is to build it yourself, built you'll
need to use java 1.5 to build it and then you can run it with 1.6.

Kris Jurka