[Pljava-dev] Problem PL/Java installation

From: books at ejurka(dot)com (Kris Jurka)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Problem PL/Java installation
Date: 2008-04-25 17:31:35
Lists: pljava-dev

Hauke Luckow wrote:
> Hello all,
> I try to install PL/Java on the following system:
>
> OpenSUSE 10.2 (32bit)
> PostgreSQL 8.1.11 i586
> Java-1-6-0-sun 1.6.0 i586
> PL/Java package: pljava-i686-pc-linux-gnu-pg8.1-1.4.0.tar.gz
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FEHLER: konnte Bibliothek
> ?/opt/pljava/pljava.so? nicht laden: /opt/pljava/pljava.so: undefined
> symbol: assert_enabled

Apparently I built this pljava release against a server compiled with
--enable-cassert. This pulled some assert code into pljava and now it
can't run inside a server that doesn't have the assert code as well.
I've put up a new release built against a non-assert enabled server
here: http://ejurka.com/pgsql/pljava/hauke/

In the future I will be more careful about how the releases are built.

Kris Jurka