Re: The default text search configuration will be set to "simple" ?

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Stefan Schwarzer <stefan(dot)schwarzer(at)grid(dot)unep(dot)ch>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The default text search configuration will be set to "simple" ?
Date: 2008-04-14 08:37:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Stefan Schwarzer wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> what does this message mean? I didn't find any information on the web,
> beside of others having similar messages...
>
> ------------------------------
> The database cluster will be initialized with locales
> COLLATE: en_US.UTF-8
> CTYPE: UTF-8

This one is missing the en_US off the front. UTF-8 isn't a locale, it's
an encoding.

> The default database encoding has accordingly been set to UTF8.

Good.

> initdb: could not find suitable text search configuration for locale UTF-8

Bad. For some reason initdb isn't picking up your CTYPE setting
properly. What operating-system (and version) are you running, and what
version of PG, and did you compile it from source or get it elsewhere?

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd