Re: PostgreSQL 14 Beta 1 release announcement draft

From: SAS <sas(dot)postgresql(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 14 Beta 1 release announcement draft
Date: 2021-05-18 06:43:37
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Le 18/05/2021 à 03:01, Jonathan S. Katz a écrit :
> On 5/17/21 10:15 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please see the attached draft for the PostgreSQL 14 Beta 1 release
>> announcement this week.
> Thanks for the initial round of feedback! I have incorporated some of
> the suggestions directly, adapted some accordingly, and rejected ones
> that were either incorrect or personal preference (such as the editing
> process goes). Credit is given in the commit on the press repo.
>
> I have attached the current state of the draft.
>
> Again, please provide feedback no later than Wed, May 19 AoE[1].
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan
>
> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anywhere_on_Earth

Hello,

I think the verb has been lost between first and second release of the draft:

This release has significant improvements in transaction throughput for
PostgreSQL systems that have large numbers of connections to the database,
/regardless if they in an active or idle state./

S.
//

--
Dr Stéphane Schildknecht
Contact régional PostgreSQL pour l'Europe francophone