Re: Autograph Annoucement (ERD Tool)

From: Colin Fox <cfox(at)cfconsulting(dot)ca>
To: Colin Wetherbee <cww(at)denterprises(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Autograph Annoucement (ERD Tool)
Date: 2008-04-04 17:28:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Colin Wetherbee wrote:
>> Also, is there a way to forcibly remove tables and views from the
>> output? In all.xml, I only list the tables I want, but in addition
>> to those, I also get my PostGIS tables and all the views I've created
>> within the schema.
>
> And...
>
> If I set the tablemode to "detailed", all the lines terminate at
> primary keys, instead of terminating at a primary key and a foreign
> key, which, I assume, is what should happen.

Yes, this is odd. I don't actually use the detailed view myself. Once I
got it working, I never really found a need for it. So I haven't looked
at a detailed diagram for some time. However, I do remember it working,
and I know that I've put code in to connect the various fields, so I'm
not sure at what point it got broken.

> Here's the sample "detailed" output from one of my databases:
>
> http://colinwetherbee.com/data/js-20080403.png
>
> Thanks again for this neat, lean tool.
>
> Colin

Attachment Content-Type Size