ERROR: encoding LATIN9 does not match server's locale en_US

From: Arnau <arnaulist(at)andromeiberica(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org >> \"pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org\"" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ERROR: encoding LATIN9 does not match server's locale en_US
Date: 2008-04-01 17:28:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

Using PostgreSQL 8.3.0 I'm trying to do the following:

template1=# create database test with encoding='LATIN9';
ERROR: encoding LATIN9 does not match server's locale en_US
DETAIL: The server's LC_CTYPE setting requires encoding LATIN1.

I've been looking into the documentation to fix this and the only way
I have found is to use initdb to recreate the cluster, Is there any
other option?

Thanks
--
Arnau