Re: 8.2.6 > 8.3 blows up

From: Karl Denninger <karl(at)denninger(dot)net>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.2.6 > 8.3 blows up
Date: 2008-03-02 20:28:05
Lists: pgsql-general

A whole host of them, mostly about bad data formats in some of the table
data. I suspect the underlying problem is that something got mangled in
the table creates.

I'm setting up on a different box as my attempt to create a second
instance failed horribly - compiling with a different prefix and port
number appears to work but when you do an "initdb" it blows up with a
complaint about not being able to create the semaphores and shared
segment. It appears the port number is used for the SEMID and SHMID
prefixes, and those for some reason are not getting reset (it may be
that the change in configure requires a gmake clean; not sure)

In any event I have another machine and will get something more detailed
ASAP - I will also try the "restore" program and see if that works.

Karl Denninger (karl(at)denninger(dot)net)
http://www.denninger.net