Re: Question about the contrib rpm ?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: DANTE ALEXANDRA <ALEXANDRA(dot)DANTE(at)BULL(dot)NET>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Question about the contrib rpm ?
Date: 2006-03-02 19:21:03
Lists: pgsql-general

DANTE ALEXANDRA <ALEXANDRA(dot)DANTE(at)BULL(dot)NET> writes:
> We have a question about the contrib rpm.
> To have some tools like the "start_scripts", should we :

I don't believe the RPM distribution includes contrib/start-scripts
(mainly because that contrib directory has no Makefile that would
install the scripts). I cannot see why you'd want them, since
the postgresql-server RPM already has an init script that is
considerably more appropriate for RPM-based distros than the one
that's in contrib.