Re: Overblogging etc

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Overblogging etc
Date: 2008-01-12 16:54:08
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus Hagander wrote:

>> I don't think we will be able to agree what constitutes trivial, but
>> single sentence blogs should be banned. I wouldn't have a problem with
>> the same subject expanded into a useful multi-paragraph blog, but single
>> sentences give the appearance of triviality. If we don't set a minimum
>> standard for blog content, people will stop reading them *all*.
>
> This, I agree with. Devrim, as the ruler of planetpostgresql, do you
> agree that this would be a good guideline?
> (Yes, I prefer calling this a guideline rather than "banning blogs")

Devrim has been trying to get people to stop writing single page books
in their blogs. You are supposed to write a small teaser then have that
teaser take you to the main page of the blog.

This is what I and most others do but a few don't.

However sometimes one sentence is enough to convey the information.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake