Re: Events Disconnect?

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL - WWW ML <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Events Disconnect?
Date: 2008-01-09 19:53:22
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 13:45 -0500, Chander Ganesan wrote:
>>> .I meant the web events...web announcement and web training events.
>>
>> It was approved yesterday or so -- I can see it in the admin interface,
>> but apparently there is something wrong with that. Magnus, the id is 908
>> -- could you please take a look at that?
>>
> Actually, Dave also approved a few just a couple of hours ago. Which I
> think just missed a sitebuild.
>
> Eitehr way - there's nothing int he queue now, so if you're still not
> seeing it, please specify exactly what events so we can investigate.
Okay. When I go to "http://www.postgresql.org/about/eventarchive" (let
me know if you want me to attach a copy of the page source) . I do not
see the 'Breakfast with Bruce' event (first event listed on the main
page). The event shown on the main page is:

2008-01-24
What’s new in PostgreSQL 8.3 – Breakfast with Bruce Momjian
(London, United Kingdom) <http://www.postgresql.org/about/event.599>

I also do not see a slew of PostgreSQL Admin, PostgreSQL Performance
Tuning, and PostGIS courses that I posted last night (they should be on
the training events calendar). One (to be specific) was scheduled on
April 14-16, 2008 and is titled "Introduction to GIS with PostGIS &
MapServer
<http://www.otg-nc.com/training-courses/coursedetail.php?courseid=51>"

How do I determine which mirror I am looking at? The output of DIG is
as follows:

; <<>> DiG 9.3.4 <<>> postgresql.org
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;postgresql.org. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
postgresql.org. 6222 IN A 200.46.204.71

;; Query time: 3 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.1.64#53(192.168.1.64)
;; WHEN: Wed Jan 9 14:48:37 2008
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 48

Does that help?

--