Several queries consume 100 % processor

From: "J(dot) ORIOL" <famach(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Several queries consume 100 % processor
Date: 2007-05-23 12:50:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have an app working over LAN , XP + Postgres 8.2. The problem is that a client send several queries and the processor show me 100 % usage. (P IV 3 Ghz with 1 Gb RAM) and stops all its tasks until queries finishes.

This queries are send from inside app code, should I create procedures for every one of the queries inside Postgres ?, How much response time will be improved with this ?

Any help will be useful for me, thanks.

J. Oriol Mujica F.
Bucaramanga - COLOMBIA
Correo Yahoo!