Re: BUG #12694: crash if the number of result rows is lower than gin_fuzzy_search_limit

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, olaf(dot)gw(at)googlemail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #12694: crash if the number of result rows is lower than gin_fuzzy_search_limit
Date: 2015-01-29 15:26:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com> writes:
> The fix is simple: make sure that startScanKey() is always called, by
> getting rid of the early return above. Attached. I'll apply this later
> today or tomorrow unless someone sees a problem with this.

Another, even simpler fix would be to just move the startScanKey()
call loop to before the "if (GinFuzzySearchLimit > 0)" block.
Is there a particular reason why it's a good idea to do things in
the current order? It almost looks like a patch application error
as it stands.

With either fix, I concur that we should back-patch it. It's not at all
clear how come older branches don't fail because of this.