Re: foreign key constraint, planner ignore index.

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Andrew Nesheret <andrew(at)infinet(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: foreign key constraint, planner ignore index.
Date: 2007-12-20 12:41:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Richard Huxton wrote:

> I'm putting together a small test case to see if I can reproduce your
> behaviour here.

Does the attached small script misbehave in the same way as your real
data? From here it works fine when the fkey is ON ... RESTRICT.

I'm right in thinking that your "nodes" fkey is RESTRICT on update and
delete?

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd

Attachment Content-Type Size
fkey_index_prob.sql text/x-sql 734 bytes