Specify client encoding for backups...

From: Nathan Wilhelmi <wilhelmi(at)ucar(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Specify client encoding for backups...
Date: 2007-12-18 17:16:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello - We are using PG_ADMIN backup to create the schema DDL scripts
for our application. Is there any way to get PGAdmin to not include the
encoding value or configure PostgreSQL to set the client encoding to
UNICODE? Having problems with the JDBC driver and the UTF8 encoding when
we try to execute the scripts as part of our build process.

Thanks!
-Nate