Re: Generating sample data

From: "Martijn Tonies \(Upscene Productions\)" <m(dot)tonies(at)upscene(dot)com>
To: "Rich Shepard" <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Generating sample data
Date: 2016-12-28 09:04:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Not open source, but also not pricey (IMO): Advanced Data Generator.
http://www.upscene.com/advanced_data_generator/

Generates e-mail addresses, street names, first & last names, company names,
complex relationships etc.

And yes, this is our product. ;)

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

My previous databases used real client (or my own) data; now I want to
generate sample data for the tables in the two applications I'm developing.
My web search finds a bunch of pricey (IMO) commercial products.

Are there any open source data generators that can provide sample data
based on each table's schema?

TIA,

Rich