Re: PostgresSQL vs. Informix

From: Jutta Horstmann <jh(at)weltraumsofa(dot)de>
To: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Chad(dot)Hendren(at)sun(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgresSQL vs. Informix
Date: 2007-11-28 18:00:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Merlin, Chad,

Merlin Moncure schrieb:
> there was a very excellent case study, written by cc'd person, that is
> unhappily not available at the moment. see:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2005-08/msg00147.php

Thank you :-) The link in the post is not up to date.

The linked case study made it into my thesis on Open Source Database
Migration.

This is its "Informix to PostgreSQL" chapter:
http://www.osdbmigration.de/thesis/node98.html

The full thesis is available for download here:
http://www.osdbmigration.org/misc/migrating_OSDB_jh.pdf

There is some more, probably helpful stuff on my osdbmigration-site,
like eg the feature matrix:
http://www.osdbmigration.org:8080/osdb/osdb-features

Unfortunately most of the stuff there is not up to date anymore (written
Dec 2005).

Feel free to contact me personally if you have any more questions.

Jutta

Jutta Horstmann (Dipl. Inform., Dipl. Pol.)
data in transit email: jh(at)dataintransit(dot)com
Ellerstr. 38 fon: +49.228.2401295
53119 Bonn mob: +49.176.61188960
Germany web: www.dataintransit.com