Re: automating backups with windows scheduled tasks and pg_dumpall

From: Tom Hart <tomhart(at)coopfed(dot)org>
Cc: Postgres General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: automating backups with windows scheduled tasks and pg_dumpall
Date: 2007-11-15 23:50:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Martin Gainty wrote:
> Hi Tom
>
> In windows you would need to include the runas command so your bat file
> needs to execute the command via runas as in
> runas /user:postgres "bin\pg_dumpall.exe -U foo_postgres"
>
> HTH
> Martin
Actually, schtasks.exe and the windows task scheduler both have this
functionality built in. Also, when using runas.exe from a command
prompt, there's no way to give it a password, thus rendering it
incapable of running unattended in a scheduled task setup. I believe
that's why they placed the runas functionality into schtasks.exe
actually. Thanks anyway.

Thomas R. Hart II
tomhart(at)coopfed(dot)org