Re: PLpgsql debugger question

From: brian <brian(at)zijn-digital(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PLpgsql debugger question
Date: 2007-11-14 20:44:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Tony Caduto wrote:
> brian wrote:
>
>> I don't know what you're referring to when you say it was "advertised
>> as a feature" but it's not a part of the PG release. You can get it here:
>>

> Here ya go:
>
> http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201803375
>
> From the article:
>
> After nine months of work, the new features in 8.3 will be available at
> www.postgreSQL.org <http://www.postgreSQL.org>. They will include:
> A finished PL/pgSQL debugger, a tool for editing PostgreSQL's version of
> the standard SQL data access language in database applications.
> Full text search made more accessible by becoming a feature included in
> the system code instead of being an add-on option.
> Clustering code from Skype for load balancing and spreading queries to a
> large database across several PostgreSQL systems.
>

> Now you know what I am talking about :-)

I should have pointed out that I wasn't questioning whether or not there
was an article that stated this. I was simply pointing out that the
debugger was *not* included in the release (did you look at the release
notes?) and also where you can find it.

That said, take this up with Information Week.

brian