Re: Location of PGCon EU

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Petr Jelinek <pjmodos(at)pjmodos(dot)net>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Location of PGCon EU
Date: 2007-11-11 18:56:16
Lists: pgeu-general

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 16:15:23 +0100
>> Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>> \
>>> I think there's some confusion with conference vs the european group.
>>> For the *group*, we said we preferred Eurozone. For the conference, we
>>> said, IIRC, that schengen would be nice, but not a requirement.
>>> Before we consider the Ukraine, though, we need to figure out if there
>>> are Visa requirements for a lot of people. That will be a
>>> disqualifier, IMHO.
>> Sure, I don't know what is really involved. I was just talking to my
>> team and they said, "Hey... we could do it here!"
>
> Oh yeah. I'm all for opening the options, so why not ask them to check
> up on that?

just checked the information page of the austrian foreign ministy on
that and it says the people from within the european union do not need
any kind of visa(up to a stay of 90 days) for the ukraine.
On the other side it has a number of fairly scary sounding warnings
there on the security situation and is declared a country with "elevated
risk" ...

Stefan