Re: Training events policy ... first test case

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Kevin Hunter <hunteke(at)earlham(dot)edu>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Postgres WWW List <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Date: 2007-11-04 15:53:47
Lists: pgsql-www

Dave Page wrote:
> Chander Ganesan wrote:
>> I *still* think (and am apparently still ignored...) there should be
>> limits placed on the number of events a vendor can list...either by
>> type, or by vendor. A vendor is less likely to post "training spam",
>> and more likely to post events they really plan to run when they have
>> a limit as to their total listings...
>
> The problem is that we don't want to prevent legitimate courses being
> listed. As PostgreSQL grows, and the companies around it grow there
> will inevitably be more and more courses scheduled, especially by the
> bigger multi-national players.
>
> Regards, Dave
I understand, however the issue now isn't one of growth...IMHO it's one
of growth being stymied because we have a list of training events that
doesn't represent classes *actually* being offered. Seems like at the
very least a short term "band aid" solution could be applied while we
try to figure out a way to adequately and fairly address the issue...
I'm sure as time goes on we'll come to better understand the needs of
companies that legitimately offer training courses.

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.