Re: Training events policy ... first test case

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Date: 2007-11-04 00:16:47
Lists: pgsql-www

Dave Page wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Perhaps the font size can be reduced so that its more in line with the
size used for events. It looks a bit bigger than everything else on the
page, kind of an eye-draw...

However, I think this brings to the forefront issue #2...that certain
companies use training events as a lead generation tool...much the same
way that some companies will post many press releases around the same
time to generate leads for their products.

I know that there are some "guidelines" for the press release issue, why
not apply something similar to training events? Or perhaps the "8 per
year and pay for more" strategy....with a "per event" fee ($1000 USD in
the US?) for additional events that varies based on the country of
incorporation (so Brazilian companies would pay a smaller fee than an
American one)....

Heck, perhaps even "8 per year per course type"? So companies would
have an added incentive to grow their PG offerings (this might be a bit
one-sided, since AFAIK we offer the widest range of PG courses), but it
seems like a good strategy to keep things on the up-and-up. Such a
strategy would also make sense (IMHO) for folks like EDB, which has a
couple of courses, and Modern and BNR, that offer their courses only
sporadically.
> /D

Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.