Re: PostgreSQL .msi Installation Failure

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Johnson Jesse <Johnson(dot)J2(at)mellon(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL .msi Installation Failure
Date: 2007-10-30 07:44:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Johnson Jesse wrote:
> I am trying to install postgreSQL v8.2.5 as a prerequisite for Firefox
> Bugzilla application on one of our network servers (Microsoft Server
> 2000).

> The logfile reads:

> fixing permissions on existing directory C:/Program
> Files/PostgreSQL/8.2/data ... ok
> creating subdirectories ... initdb: could not create directory
> "C:/Program Files": File exists
> initdb: removing contents of data directory "C:/Program
> Files/PostgreSQL/8.2/data"

I'm guessing the postgres user doesn't have permission to read C:/ so it
can't see "Program Files" and can't create it.

This message suggests the same (found by googling "postgresql install
could not create directory")

http://www.jitterbit.com/PhpBB/viewtopic.php?p=2534&sid=5c3300459a4495fc3e187d9554a35b50

--
Richard Huxton