Re: New archives layout is not an improvement

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New archives layout is not an improvement
Date: 2018-04-19 02:46:34
Lists: pgsql-www

"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
>> On Apr 18, 2018, at 4:56 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> wrote:
>> 3. Listing the attachments together with the headers, rather than at
>> the bottom of each email, seems generally more convenient, too.

> This is a great suggestion. If others feel this is worthwhile we can add
> that in too. I know that would change the existing workflow for some,
> so I want to make sure that’s ok.

FWIW, it seems a bit weird to me, considering that everyone prepares
mail with attachments at the end, and all other mail tools present them
at the end. I think most folk would be confused.

If we can end up with a display that's more compact overall, maybe it's
worth doing; but I still feel it'd be jarring for most people.