Re: pg_tablespace_size()

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_tablespace_size()
Date: 2007-10-12 16:22:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
>> Attached is a patch I want to apply for this. Toms message at
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-10/msg00448.php makes me
>> bring it up here before I apply it.
>
> [ squint... ] There is something wrong here, because a superuser should
> certainly pass the aclcheck test. I don't know where the bug is but
> this is not the correct fix.

Are you sure? pg_tablespace_aclmask() has:
/*
* Only shared relations can be stored in global space; don't let even
* superusers override this
*/
if (spc_oid == GLOBALTABLESPACE_OID && !IsBootstrapProcessingMode())
return 0;

And this is what causes the failure. I certainly didn't want to take out
that check, so short-circuiting it in the way I did seemed right..

//Magnus