Re: Migration from PervasiveSQL

From: Collin <adderd(at)kkmfg(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Migration from PervasiveSQL
Date: 2007-09-24 15:50:32
Lists: pgsql-general

>> What about Perl? DBI? Not sure if it supports PervasiveSQL
>>

> The OP stated he already had ODBC connectors setup.

Yes, I already have ODBC setup. I'm basically just writing a little
something myself that uses the existing Pervasive and Postgres tools as
much as possible.

On a side note, not that it surprises me but it is a little weird that
Pervasive supported postgresql for a while but yet there is no really
good way to convert from pervasive to postgres. I've always thought that
Pervasive backing out had a lot more to do with them suddenly realizing
they were showing the world a better product than theirs and not because
of the large amount of support postgresql already had (like they claimed
the reason was...)