Re: Alternative to drop index, load data, recreate index?

From: "Jason L(dot) Buberel" <jason(at)buberel(dot)org>
To: depesz(at)depesz(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Alternative to drop index, load data, recreate index?
Date: 2007-09-13 16:43:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Depesz,

Thank you for the suggestion- I thought I had read up on that tool
earlier but had somehow managed to forget about it when starting this
phase of my investigation.

Needless to say, I can confirm the claims made on the project homepage
when using very large data sets.

- pg_bulkload: 5m 29s
- copy to: 53m 20s

These results were obtained using pg-8.2.4 with pg_bulkload-2.2.0.

-jason