get a list of table modifications in a day?

From: Ottavio Campana <ottavio(at)campana(dot)vi(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: get a list of table modifications in a day?
Date: 2007-09-13 07:59:30
Lists: pgsql-general

I need to generate a diff (or something similar) of a table, day by day.
What is the best way to tack insert/update/delete operations? I have two
ideas, and I'd like to hear your opinion:

1) pg_dump each day and run diff
2) modify some triggers we use and store the information in another table

I am not aware of any functionality offered by postgresql. Does it exists?

If not, which solution would you prefer?