pam authentication

From: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pam authentication
Date: 2007-09-11 20:04:14
Lists: pgsql-general

I am making a first attempt at getting pam authentication working with a
postgres 8.2.4 installation on suse 10.2. I have created the file:

/etc/pam.d/postgresql:
auth required /lib64/security/pam_ldap.so
account required /lib64/security/pam_ldap.so

and in my pg_hba.conf, I have the line:
host all all 0.0.0.0/0 pam postgresql

When performing login, I get in the server log:
LOG: pam_authenticate failed: Conversation error
FATAL: PAM authentication failed for user "testuser"

Worse yet, I am granted access to the server!

Any suggestions on what is up?

Thanks,
Sean