Re: Tables dissapearing

From: Kamil Srot <kamil(dot)srot(at)nlogy(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Erik Jones <erik(at)myemma(dot)com>, Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: Tables dissapearing
Date: 2007-08-28 07:15:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Adrian Klaver wrote:
>

>> I have a question. First a little history. Right now, the people who know
>> better than I are fairly certain Postgres is not changing things on its own
>> and the developer is certain the CMS software is not doing schema changes. As
>> I understand it logging has been cranked up to test both those assumptions.
>> My question is, how are legitimate schema changes done? Just wondering if
>> there is a third party involved.
>>

> Maybe someone discovered an SQL injection in your apps and is making fun
> of you by dropping tables.

Andrew, Alvaro... well, sure SQL injection is possibility I cannot
ignore... (and sure as "dad" of this
application, I think it's not the case :-) ... just kidding...
As even the injected SQL will be shown in the logs, so we'll know more
after some time. It's too much
issues of the same type to thing, it'll not appear anymore.

I'm really interested in what is the problem not only from proffesional
point of view...

Regards,
--
Kamil