Re: Video storage in Postgres?

From: Lukas Kahwe Smith <smith(at)pooteeweet(dot)org>
To: JoshuaKramer <josh(at)globalherald(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Video storage in Postgres?
Date: 2007-08-17 05:58:43
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

JoshuaKramer wrote:

> In all seriousness, what advantages accrue by serving video from the DB?

Well all the advantages people associate with LOBs:
- single place for all data
* for backups
* for replication
* for ACLs

I often just care about the first two, in which case I simply employ a
mod_rewrite rule, that points to the on disc version of the file and
fals back to serving directly from the database (but also dump a file to
the proper location on disc).

regards,
Lukas