Re: Does v7.2.x support AIX 5.1?

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Justin Clift" <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Does v7.2.x support AIX 5.1?
Date: 2002-11-14 15:25:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > > It should work. Andreas just submitted a port confirmation on AIX
> > > 4.3.2 ...

> > Do you feel there's anyone around that would be able to give a
> > definitite yes or no?

I don't have AIX 5 here, so cannot test, sorry.
But yes, it should definitely work.

There is a known possible performance improvement for concurrent sessions on
multiprocessor AIX machines. The now depricated "cs(3)" used for the AIX TAS
implementation should be replaced with fetch_and_or, compare_and_swap or the
like. I just haven't got round to doing a patch that I trust.

Maybe Tatsuo can say more ?

Andreas