delay beta ? (was: RE: @(#)Mordred Labs advisory 0x0003: Buffer overflow in)

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Justin Clift" <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, "Neil Conway" <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, "Gavin Sherry" <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>, "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: delay beta ? (was: RE: @(#)Mordred Labs advisory 0x0003: Buffer overflow in)
Date: 2002-08-21 16:41:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> If we are going to delay beta, we should decide now, not at the end of
> August, and the delay should be until the end of September. The big
> question is whether we have enough material to warrant a delay.

I think the "implicit casts" todo should be adressed soon,
not sure there is enough time for discussing this topic in 10 days ?

Am I the only relic, that wants all implicit casts that don't cause
loss of precision ?

Nice ones would imho be such involving numeric constants, like
select * from atab where int2col=2; -- use index on int2col

Andreas