Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server
Date: 2002-02-05 10:45:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> If someone wanted to submit appropriate patches for the v7.3 development
> tree, that merge cleanly, I can't see why this wouldn't be a good thing

I thought that the one thread instead of one process per client model
would only be an advantage for the "native Windows port" ?

Imho a useful threaded model on unix would involve a separation of threads
and clients. ( 1 CPU thread per physical CPU, several IO threads)
But that would involve a complete redesign.

Andreas