Is pgadmin backward/forward compatible with postgres?

From: Dhanaraj M <Dhanaraj(dot)M(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Is pgadmin backward/forward compatible with postgres?
Date: 2007-07-12 09:46:15
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

I have a question.

I know that I can connect to postgres 7.x/8.x from pgadmin 1.6.
Is it both forward and backward compatible?
(It means that I can connect to new version of postgres 9.x as well as
older postgres 7.x.
If not, then it is compatible ONLY across major/minor releases of postgres)

Can anyone explain the limitations of using pgAdmin-Postgres versions?

Thanks
Dhanaraj