Remove query results from cache

From: André Volpato <andre(dot)volpato(at)ecomtecnologia(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Remove query results from cache
Date: 2007-05-23 18:28:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

Is there any way to remove the results of certain query, from the memory
cache ?
I´m doing some performance tests, and I need the planner to make his
work every time I run the statements, without changing them.

Running vmstat, I can se the memory cache grows, and the planner do not
'forget' the results of any query until the cache reach 2 Gb (total box
RAM) , or the server is rebooted.

--
[]´s,

André Volpato
ECOM Tecnologia Ltda
andre(dot)volpato(at)ecomtecnologia(dot)com(dot)br
(41) 3014 2322