autoReconnect with PostGres

From: Ranjan Kumar Baisak <rbaisak(at)nyc(dot)yamaha(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: autoReconnect with PostGres
Date: 2007-05-22 19:40:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Group,
I am using postgres in my web application. Number
of physical DB connections are just getting increased for each
re-deployment of my web application. I generally dont shutdown my
webserver and only re-deploy my web application. I heard that
"autoReconnect = true" reuses idle connections for each redeployments. I
am not sure whether this can help me to make physical DB connections
constant.
My configuration parameters:

<Resource
name="jdbc/XXXX"
scope="Shareable"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
url="jdbc:postgresql://mydb.test.com/micms"
validationQuery="select tablename from pg_tables where schemaname
= &#39;gpdb&#39;"
maxIdle="10"
maxActive="20"
maxWait="-1"