Admin-Functions in Ubuntu's PG 8.2 missing?

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Admin-Functions in Ubuntu's PG 8.2 missing?
Date: 2007-05-17 19:10:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I've got an Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) set up and it has Ubuntu's binary
PG 8.2.4 running.
If I connect with a pgAdmin3 1.6.3 from Windows
Tools --> Server Status
pgAdmin complains that "The server lacks instrumentation functions.
pgAdmin III uses some support funtions ..."

I though those functions were included by default beginning with PG 8.2.
At least I didn't find an adminpack in Ubuntu's package manager.

Is there some magic to do on a config-filie or someting?