Re: Windows Vista support (Buildfarm Vaquita)

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows Vista support (Buildfarm Vaquita)
Date: 2007-05-09 12:40:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2007 13:46 schrieb Dave Page:
>
>> Can we rename the test please?
>>

> I'm thinking no. Brain-dead systems should produce brain-dead test results.

Not doing this would seem like sheer bloody-mindedness. We have
workarounds for craziness on many systems. Not providing for this will
mean that we have to disable the ECPG tests for Vista. I don't see how
that helps anyone.

More seriously, we need to get the ECPG regression test rewritten in C,
as was done for the main line regression tests. Maybe we need to factor
out some of that into a library so the common code can be used in both
programs. At any rate, until this is done we can't run the ECPG tests on
MSVC builds.

cheers

andrew