Re: Postgres data/form entry tool

From: Brent Wood <b(dot)wood(at)niwa(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: dave(dot)potts(at)pinan(dot)co(dot)uk, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres data/form entry tool
Date: 2007-04-19 23:26:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Richard Huxton wrote:
> David Potts wrote:
>>
>> Any platform !
>>
>> ie Web ,X, , L/Unix console, Mac or even Weandozz
>
> pgadmin, phppgadmin - although these are pitched more towards admin,
> they let you edit table data.

PGAccess provides a spreadsheet like view of tables which users can type
data into, & works pretty well, it
does not have the admin functionality of pgadmin, which might be a good
thing in your case.

Perhaps a simple PHP data entry form for a web based tool.

I haven't tried these, but they may also work OK (on a Linux/KDE platform):

knoda http://www.knoda.org/
rekall http://www.thekompany.com/projects/rekall/

Maybe someome who has actually tried these could comment?

Cheers,

Brent Wood