Mac: pasting in edit window / Keyboard shortcut for closing windows

From: Stephan Jaensch <sjaensch(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Mac: pasting in edit window / Keyboard shortcut for closing windows
Date: 2007-04-02 11:35:11
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi everybody,

I have two bug reports / feature requests for the Mac version of pgAdmin
1.6.3:

1. Pasting in the edit window does not work, neither by selecting the
menu item nor by using the keyboard shortcut. When using the keyboard
shortcut, the edit menu above flashes but nothing else happens.
2. Using Command-W to close a window does not work. That would be very
convenient.

Some more feature requests since I'm already at it: :)

3. An option "Don't ask me again" when closing a query window with
unsaved changes would be nice. Not once have I saved a query to a file,
and it just slows me down as it is (especially since I don't know how to
close the window by keyboard shortcut, so I always have to switch and
travel with the mouse a lot).
4. Make the column width algorithm smarter for the edit window and the
query result pane. Date columns are cut off even though they need to be
just a bit wider to be completely shown. If I maximise the window, thus
having enough space to display all data, the columns still remain very
narrow.
5. Design a faster table creation dialog. Right now, phpMyAdmin and
phpPgAdmin are much faster at this task since columns can be edited in
one window, not having to click "add" all the time. Stuff like primary
keys and indexes can be added in the same step, saving a lot of tab
switching (and column selection, "add" clicking...).

Otherwise, pgAdmin is really excellent! I love the complete support for
stored procedures, views and triggers. Great work!

Cheers,
Stephan