Re: missing a white space in the last sentence of 51.6. Executor

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: koizumistr(at)minos(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: missing a white space in the last sentence of 51.6. Executor
Date: 2022-01-17 19:02:45
Lists: pgsql-docs

PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> The last sentence of 51.6. Executor appears:
> "...feeding that up toModifyTable to perform the insertion."

Hm, the space is definitely there in the source file:

A simple <command>INSERT ... VALUES</command> command creates a
trivial plan tree consisting of a single <literal>Result</literal>
node, which computes just one result row, feeding that up
to <literal>ModifyTable</literal> to perform the insertion.

I also see it rendered properly in HTML when looking at a local docs
build. I think this is some sort of spacing issue in the website
style sheets. Other <literal> segments on the same page are also
rendered with less-than-usual spacing around them (to my eye
anyway); though this is the only one that looks like it has no
space at all.