Pg_upgradecluster failed

From: Matthieu Lejeune <matthieu(dot)lejeune(at)exxoss(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Pg_upgradecluster failed
Date: 2017-01-18 15:23:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I try to upgrade from 9.3 to 9.5

ii postgresql-9.3 9.3.14-1.pgdg70+1 amd64
object-relational SQL database, version 9.3 server
ii postgresql-9.5 9.5.5-1.pgdg70+1 amd64
object-relational SQL database, version 9.5 server

But with my command I got this error :

oot(at)bas40:/etc/postgresql/9.3/main# pg_upgradecluster -v 9.5 -m upgrade
9.3 main
Disabling connections to the old cluster during upgrade...
Restarting old cluster with restricted connections...
psql: FATAL: database "template1" is not currently accepting connections
psql: FATAL: database "template1" is not currently accepting connections
Use of uninitialized value $out in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/share/perl5/PgCommon.pm line 925.
psql: FATAL: database "template1" is not currently accepting connections
Use of uninitialized value $out in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/share/perl5/PgCommon.pm line 931.
Use of uninitialized value $ctype in scalar chomp at
/usr/share/perl5/PgCommon.pm line 934.
Use of uninitialized value $collate in scalar chomp at
/usr/share/perl5/PgCommon.pm line 935.
Error: could not get cluster locales

I get this error on some of my pgsql servers and it's work on other one.
If I check the dataallowconn on my server :

postgres=# select * from pg_database
;
datname | datdba | encoding | datcollate | datctype | datistemplate
| datallowconn | datconnlimit | datlastsysoid | datfrozenxid |
datminmxid | dattablespace | datacl
------------+--------+----------+------------+----------+---------------+--------------+--------------+---------------+--------------+------------+---------------+-------------------------------------
postgres | 10 | 0 | C | C | f
| t | -1 | 12030 | 150000757 | 32376355
| 1663 |
energycomm | 16384 | 6 | C | C | f
| t | -1 | 12030 | 101905564 | 28843537
| 1663 |
template0 | 10 | 0 | C | C | t
| t | -1 | 12030 | 200000724 | 37376355
| 1663 | {=c/postgres,postgres=CTc/postgres}
template1 | 10 | 6 | C | C | t
| f | -1 | 12030 | 200000758 | 37376355
| 1663 |
(4 lignes)

postgres=#

If I try to change from false to true I got this error :

root(at)bas40:/etc/postgresql/9.3/main# pg_upgradecluster -v 9.5 -m upgrade
9.3 main
Disabling connections to the old cluster during upgrade...
Restarting old cluster with restricted connections...
Stopping old cluster...
Creating new cluster 9.5/main ...
config /etc/postgresql/9.5/main
data /var/lib/postgresql/9.5/main
locale fr_BE.UTF-8
socket /var/run/postgresql
port 5433
Performing Consistency Checks
-----------------------------
Checking cluster versions ok
Checking database user is the install user ok
Checking database connection settings
template0 must not allow connections, i.e. its pg_database.datallowconn
must be false
Failure, exiting
Error: pg_upgrade run failed. Logfiles are in
/var/log/postgresql/pg_upgradecluster-9.3-9.5-main.rFyo
Re-enabling connections to the old cluster...
Error during cluster dumping, removing new cluster
pg_ctl : le fichier de PID « /var/lib/postgresql/9.3/main/postmaster.pid
» n'existe pas
Le serveur est-il en cours d'exécution ?
Error: could not reload old cluster, please do that manually
root(at)bas40:/etc/postgresql/9.3/main#

Someone have this issue and know how to solved it ?

Kind regards

Matthieu Lejeune