Re: Restart after poweroutage

From: Jon Lapham <lapham(at)jandr(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restart after poweroutage
Date: 2007-03-13 19:43:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> Oh, that's interesting. The code is barfing on this because
>
> /*
> * Otherwise, we had better assume that the segment is in use. The
> * only likely case is EIDRM, which implies that the segment has been
> * IPC_RMID'd but there are still processes attached to it.
> */
>
> It would seem that maybe your kernel has a different idea of what EIDRM
> means than we do. You say this persists across a reboot?

I probably should have asked before doing this... but I just rebooted
and postgresql came up fine. I hope I didn't screw up the forensics.

So, on the second boot postgresql starts as it should (the first boot
being when I powered up after the power outage).

--
Jon Lapham <lapham(at)jandr(dot)org> Rio de Janeiro, Brasil