Re: date format

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, rod(at)iol(dot)ie
Subject: Re: date format
Date: 2007-03-05 12:16:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 4. März 2007 17:16 schrieb Raymond O'Donnell:
>
>> Probably a silly question, but did you remember to restart the server
>> after changing the datestyle setting?
>>

> You don't need to do that.

I didn't really explain my point here. You an use datestyle from a
session, or you can reload the server.
You do not need to *restart*. However, he didn't mention if he had done
any of that. He just said he set
it which doesn't really mean anything if he didn't change it from the
setting or reload the server.