Re: trigger for pg_authid

From: Kenneth Downs <ken(at)secdat(dot)com>
To: Diego de Blas <diego(dot)deblasm(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: trigger for pg_authid
Date: 2007-02-09 14:58:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Diego de Blas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to set a new trigger for "pg_authid" connected as
> "postgres" but system returns always the same error "Permission
> denied: "pg_authid" is a system catalog"... I have checked privileges
> and I can teorically add new triggers. I don't know whta's wrong...
>
> Thanks

We went the other way with this. We created our own table of users, and
put a trigger on that so that INSERTS to that table created new users in
postgres, plus anything else we needed to happen. We did the same with
a table of user-group membership.

Attachment Content-Type Size
ken.vcf text/x-vcard 261 bytes