Re: I "might" have found a bug on 8.2.1 win32

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)collaborativefusion(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: I "might" have found a bug on 8.2.1 win32
Date: 2007-02-01 20:17:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Dave Page wrote:
> Could this be proof of you using pgAdmin ( :-) ) and checking the Store Password option? That'll save it in pgpass.conf in your profile.
>
> /D

I won't deny I have it installed :-) I don't remember using the stored
password option though.
Do you also use that for the pg_restore/pg_dump so you don't have to
pipe the password?

Why don't you just store the password in a file in the same directory as
the pgAdmin executable? That way it would not affect other
applications.

Later,

--
Tony Caduto