Re: help me to solve the problem

From: Chris <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thobiyas <maroanto(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: help me to solve the problem
Date: 2007-01-19 06:18:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Thobiyas wrote:
> Dear /Sir
>
> I am Attmepting follwoing this problem
> if I Create Database or retore database
> i am facing following this problem
>

> psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
> Is the server running locally and accepting
> connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
> createdb: database creation failed

Postgresql isn't running on the server.

You need to start it before you can restore a database.

If you need info about how to do that,
- What operating system are you running?
- How did you install it (package like rpm or deb, or from source) ?

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/