Re: glibc double-free error

From: "Craig A(dot) James" <cjames(at)modgraph-usa(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: glibc double-free error
Date: 2007-01-02 06:03:18
Lists: pgsql-performance

Tom Lane wrote:
> "Craig A. James" <cjames(at)modgraph-usa(dot)com> writes:
>> I'm using pg_dump/pg_restore to quickly copy databases between servers. But my server keeps crashing when I run pg_restore:
>> glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0a00b1a0
>
>> What can I do to help diagnose this problem?
>
> Either dig into it yourself with gdb, or send me a not-too-large example
> dump file (off-list)...

Hmmm ... after moving to our production server, four hours of work copying a dozen databases, there hasn't been a single glibc problem. The development server is Fedora Core 3, the productions server is Fedora Core 4. Unless it happens on FC4, I'm diagnosing that it's a glibc bug or incompatibility that was already fixed.

Thanks,
Craig