Re: UNICODE and PL/PGSQL

From: Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Bart Degryse <Bart(dot)Degryse(at)indicator(dot)be>
Subject: Re: UNICODE and PL/PGSQL
Date: 2006-11-27 15:53:01
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi, Bart,

Bart Degryse wrote:

> I should have said "The ICT department doesn't give me access to the
> psql command line interface".

Hmm, and you can't install psql on the same host you use to run pgadmin?

It's just a client, that connects to PostgreSQL the same way as pgamdin.

> ERROR: operator does not exist: character varying || bytea
> HINT: No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You may
> need to add explicit type casts.
> CONTEXT: SQL statement "SELECT $1 || decode(to_hex( $2 ), 'hex')"

Hmm. Strange.

Does it happen in a plpgsql function, or when issuing the select as
PREPARE statement via pgadmin?

Which PostgreSQL version are you running?

Markus

Dipl. Inf. | Software Development GIS

www.nosoftwarepatents.org