Re: how & from where to start & admin pgsql on red hat

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: jatrojoomla <jatrojoomla(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how & from where to start & admin pgsql on red hat
Date: 2006-11-11 10:22:43
Lists: pgsql-general

jatrojoomla wrote:
> Hi Group!
> I am trying to work & connect php wirh PGSQL on Red Hat ES 3.
> I got some Important path like:
> /usr/share/pgsql/contrib
> /usr/include/pgsql
> /usr/bin
>
> But I don't know how to start/stop pgsql server,

1. Buy a book on Linux/Red Hat server admin
2. Read it, paying particular attention to:
a. Installation/setup
b. Backup/restore
c. Logging
d. Basic system administration
e. Basic security procedures
3. Make sure you have backed up and recovered the system a couple of times.
4. Try something like
/etc/init.d/postgresql (start|stop|restart)
or presumably there's a GUI tool on RHES3

> Insert data from
> client pgsql ,

1. man psql
2. http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/client-interfaces.html